[Quaker-MM] training new clerks

Elizabeth Boardman eboardman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 14:32:30 PDT 2008

Wow, that is a radical thought, Bruce!  I have never heard of any systematic training for clerks, which is why I wrote the little book called Where Should I Stand?  I guess you are not asked to be clerk until your Meeting thinks you have been around long enough to have learned by osmosis.
Years after I became clerk, I did attend a very useful seminar on the subject at Ben Lomond Quaker Center.
I wonder whether other monthly Meeting clerks have been given training opportunities.
Cheers....................Elizabeth Boardman

415-452-1526